Sunday 11th Running Day
As part of the Running day Sunday the 11th. Mornington Railway will hold a 100 years Remembrance Day Commemoration Service at our Mornington Station. Travel on our 10:30am Service to be a part of the service on the lawns of our Station Precinct. Booking can be made by click link above.
Summer Holiday Mid Week Running Days
26th - Steam Hauled Holiday Wednesday's - Opening Soon
The timetable for our regular excursion trains is shown below.
During special events, times may vary, so always check with us.
For further running information please download our 2018 timetable above.
Victorian Railways heritage train services operate along the original Mornington Branch Line on:
- every Sundays of each month
- some additional Special Event dates and mid-week school holiday days (refer timetable, web site & Facebook)
Bookings are not essential on Excursion Trains
Steam locomotive hauled services operate on most days.
Heritage diesels may operate on some days (refer timetable)
Four return services operate between Moorooduc and Mornington (refer timetable)
- K Class steam locomotive
- Heritage diesel locomotives
- Lovingly restored heritage carriages & rolling stock–some more than 100 years old
- Free parking at all 3 stations
- Moorooduc Station:
- Main depot and station adjacent to Mt Eliza Regional Park
- Kiosk & BBQ
- Foot bridge from North Fitzroy
- Signal box from Somerton
- Platform entertainment
- Bookings for all other services
- Accessible toilet
- Tanti Station on Bungower Road
- New Mornington Station on Yuilles Road
- Shuttle bus from Mornington Station to Mornington township operates on some days (refer web site & Facebook)
- Theme & Major Events (refer timetable, web site and Facebook)
ALSO available on most Sundays
- On train Children’s Birthday Parties
- Group travel
- Platform parties
|Bookings: 1300 767 274|
Hastings Car - pride of the carriage fleet, built at Newport in 1910
|Child (4 to 16)||$11||$8|
* Concession is available on presentation of card for Government Pension, Seniors, student, Companion or Carer. Children under 4 travel free.